Wednesday, July 28, 2010

At least someone listens occasionally


I just overheard Dominic say to Isabella while they are playing with blocks "your not perfect Bella"
Bella- "yes I am"
Dominic-"Bella, mom said that nobody is perfect except God"
Bella-"well, people could be perfect if they tried hard enough"
Dominic-"Did you not hear what I said? Nobody is perfect! Nobody!"
I am so glad that someone around hear listens to me.


Yesterday I was having a discussion with Isabella while we were waiting for our car to be fixed. She was very mad at me because I wouldn't let her go out to the car and get a bag of toys out. The car was in the shop being worked on so I wasn't going to let her walk through the busy mechanic area just for a toy when they had a whole room of toys for kids to play with. So she was saying "mom, you are so mean, this is no fair!!"
Dominic overheard the conversation and he said "Bella, don't you know life isn't fair? You can't always get what you want because life just isn't fair." Then he looked at me and said "Isn't that right mom?"
After I picked my jaw up off the table I said "you are right Dominic life just isn't fair." So sweet to hear a 4 year old explain life to his 7 year old sister in such simple terms. 7.27.10

No comments: