Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rosey Red Cheeks


This winter has been one of the coldest winters that I can remember and one with a LOT of snow. I let the kids play out in the snow the other day for about 45 minutes and poor Dominic had red cheeks for about 4 hours after wards. This picture was taken on 12.10 so that was long before the -20 degree wind chill that we are facing today! It has been over 2 weeks since we have been above freezing and we have a mountain of snow in our driveway. The other night I had to walk two blocks home with groceries, uphill, in the snow with the kids because I couldn't drive up the hill to get to our house due to the icy roads. Luckily my husband with his mad-driving skills got the car home later when there was less traffic around. We tried unsuccessfully for 40 minutes going up and down the hill. The bad thing is that if you have to slow down for another car on the road you lose your momentum and there is no way to make it all the way up...which means you have to back all the way down. But hey at least I didn't end up in the ditch!

No comments: