Friday, January 21, 2011

My top 10 movie picks (ok more like 13)

I never really post anything that isn't about my family or friends but this week Michael and I have been talking about our favorite movies and what makes a movie fall into a "top 10" list. First of all, my criteria for a movie to fall into MY top 10 is that it has to be a movie that I can watch over and over and get entertainment out of it every time. So with that in mind it rules out movies that are scary or depressing (because why would I want to relive those feelings more than once for the sake of a movie experience?). Generally speaking I prefer movies that make me laugh and feel good. I love witty dialog and I am a sucker for a good RomCom. I also enjoy a movie that makes me cry if it has a good story and a good ending. I also love seeing movies that are about books that I love. All that known... here are my top 10 in no particular order.
1. Only You
2. It's a Wonderful Life (Still makes me cry every year)
3. Return to Me
4. Just Like Heaven
5. Mr. & Mrs. Smith
6. The Princess Bride (Such a classic both in movie and book form)
7. Ocean's Eleven
8. Knight & Day
9. The Bourne Identity (the book is 1,000 times better)
10. Count of Monte Cristo (Great book)
11. A Walk to Remember (Another great book)
12. Fools Rush In
13. Iron Man

Ok...so after I started doing this I realized that my top 10 was more like 13 ....that is ok right? I would love to hear your comments or hear about any movie suggestions that you could give. Our time to watch movies is pretty limited with our crazy schedule but I would love to have suggestions on what to put in our netflix cue!! Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great updates of the year! One of my favorite movies is The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw. I think she did an amazing job. The story line is great- so inspiring and shows such compassion for others in this world. It makes me to try to be a better person, I love it. Take care. Traci