Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Spring






Our neighbor is a 1st grade teacher and she called to see if we would like to babysit the baby chicks from her class, over the weekend before they went to live happy lives at a farm. We of course said "yes!!" At first I was very worried about the safety of the poor fluffy babies but in about an hour the kids adjusted to the "rules of chick holding" and did quite well and handling and cleaning up after them. Not one of them was squished too hard or dropped from to high-- thank goodness. The morning after we got them Dominic woke up at 6am (he normally wakes up around 7:30 or 8am) so he could go and "see the chickens" then he proceeded to come and wake me up to tell me that "the baby chicks are very hungry, get up mom and give them more food!"

It was so awesome having them here as pets for three days....but I will have to say that I was quite alright when they had to go back to the school....my house was starting to smell like a farm. Notice in the first picture that Isabella has 6 baby chicks sleeping in her lap ...that is quite an accomplishment for our little "mother hen." 3.27.09

No comments: