Friday, April 25, 2008

It was only yesterday.....


I am often amazed at the miracles that God chose to give to us. Isabella is such a joy in our lives. She has an endless supply of energy and words that fill up our days. She often just crawls up on my lap to tell me that "I sure do love you mom." She can be trying at times...but I hear that she is "just like" me so I am sure I deserve it. She amazes me with her ability to learn things so quickly and how her creativity is endless. We are constantly running out of paper since she draws on everything she can find.

It is hard to believe that it was almost 5 years ago that I met this sweet angel face to face. She was so small and so sweet with so much beautiful dark hair. I remember staring at her in amazement thinking "wow she is really mine." The first few months were so unreal. All my life I had wanted to be a mom and here I was holding the sweetest baby God could have ever made. I was and am so proud of the little soul we have been entrusted to protect.

It is such a gift. I think I realize that more and more each day. We really hope that we will be blessed with more little angel faces to kiss and love but ultimately we are learning it is not up to us. It is all in God's hands. I am just happy that he found us worthy to give us two little souls to love, guard and teach. Children really are a glimpse of heaven on earth.

1 comment:

Mary said...

My baby is a wonderful Mommy. And, when I look at her baby pictures, I think "It was only yesterday...." M